Each year as we head into the Independence Day holiday, we like to review safety tips about using fireworks. There are many active fires currently burning in several Western states, so now is an important time to review some safety tips.
The following tips
about how to handle fireworks have been distributed by the American Red Cross:
- Never give fireworks to small children, and always follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Keep a supply of water close by as a precaution.
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection.
- Light only one firework at a time and never attempt to relight "a dud."
- Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
We don’t want to contribute further to the wildfires that are already affecting so many, so please do your part to be safe this holiday weekend.