It's Smart Irrigation Month! Brought to us by the Irrigation Association, Smart Irrigation Month focuses on promoting smart water usage. Using water wisely can help you in a variety of ways, including saving money, protecting a community's water supply and minimizing the need for infrastructure to store and carry water.
Good irrigation systems:
- Minimize overwatering while keeping your lawn and garden beautiful and healthy.
- Adjust watering automatically to account for rain and other conditions.
- Put every drop of water to work by minimizing evaporation and waste.
- Make maintaining your yard easy and convenient.
How can we actually use water wisely?
- Plant right.
- Invest in an irrigation system.
- Water wisely.
- Maintain and upgrade your system.
- Work with an irrigation professional.
All the above information comes directly from Smart Irrigation Month's website. We also have helpful information on DrinkTap about water conservation.
Happy Smart Irrigation Month!