Here we are again reviewing tips about staying safe this Independence Day. There are many active wildfires currently burning in parts of the United States and Canada, so now is an important time to review those safety tips.
The following tips about how to handle fireworks have been distributed by the American Red Cross
1. Never give fireworks to small children, and always follow the instructions on the packaging.
2. Keep a supply of water close by as a precaution.
3. Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection.
4. Light only one firework at a time and never attempt to relight "a dud."
5. Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
And, of course, whatever your plans are, make sure you are drinking lots of water to stay hydrated!